Wednesday 21 March 2012

3 Things You Need To Set Up A Website

I received the following email from one of my readers

Hello,

My husband and I are avid collectors of coins and we were thinking of setting up a website where we can sell some of our collections. What Do I need to set up a website.

Regards

Paula.

Setting up a website may seem like rocket science to someone who knows nothing about web technology but the reality is it is very easy, you just need to learn and you will be good to go.

Learn Through Practice.

Before I set up my website I registered for a free website/blog from wordpress.com. I used the website to learn the basics of website management. Little things such as writing and editing content and changing the look of a website. These are things that may seem difficult to the uninitiated but once you do them for a while they become obvious.

By registering with a free service you will be getting tuition without paying fees. The free website will give you an opportunity to put to practice what your learn online from how to blog gurus.

Get Your Custom Domain

A wordpress.com website is good but it is not good enough to run a small business. You need to buy a domain name that will show you are professional. Domain names cost $10 a year but you can get a FREE DOMAIN NAME from blue host web hosting. Blue host web hosting will give you a free domain name when you purchase there web hosting service.

Get Hosting Service For Your Website

A good website needs a good home. You need to shop around for a reliable web host that will host your website.

A good host should provide:-
  • Customer support
  • Affordable services
  • Technical support
I recommend blue host, apart from the FREE DOMAIN NAME that they will give you, they are also cheap. They have web host plans for business websites, personal websites and blogs starting from $6.

No comments:

Post a Comment