Saturday 24 March 2012

Get Your Own Blog & Start Making Money

I always feel it is better to have your own self hosted blog vs having a free blog from free blog hosting services such as Wordpress.com, Tumbrl and Blogger. The main benefit of a self hosted blog is you have more control, you can runs ads and make changes to the design and functions of the blog.

I got the following email from one of my readers who is thinking of migrating her blog from wordpress.com to a self hosted wordpress installation.

Hello Asterix,

I have been writing on my wordpress.com blog for the last 2 years and I just discovered they don't allow users to have ads. My blog is popular and I believe I could start making money through advertising.

Can you advise me on how to get my own blog with my custom domain. I desperately want to know how to create my own blog on self hosted wordpress blog. I thought of how to build my own blog on blogger but I got discouraged when I had it is not possible to transfer from wordpress.com to blogger.

Thanks

Gladys.

Get A Domain Name

The first step in getting your own blog website is purchasing domain name. A good domain name should be single word, short and memorable. The price of a domain name is $10 and it is renewed every year. You can get a FREE DOMAIN NAME from blue host web hosting if you buying web hosting of your blog from them.

Web Hosting For Your Blog

A domain names needs web hosting. My recommendation is always bluehost, they are a good host for a beginner who is starting a small blog or website. Today, BlueHost has become one of the most recognizable names in the web hosting industry with over 1,000,000 domain names hosted.

Blue host advantages are
  • Free Domain Forever!
  • Free Website Builder
  • Host UNLIMITED Domains on 1 Account
  • UNLIMITED Web Space & File Transfer
  • After you have purchased blog hosting and domain name you need to install wordpress in it. Watch this Step-by-Step video Guide on How to Install Wordpress in Your blog that is Hosted on BlueHost Web Hosting. This is very simple and easy 1-click installation of wordpress blog to your website.


    Once you are done with the installation you can then proceed to migrate your wordpress.com blog to your self hosted blog.

    Here is a video demonstration on how to do that.


    I wish you a happy migration.

    All this for an affordable monthly fee of $6.95

    Installing Wordpress Blog

    No comments:

    Post a Comment