Thursday 5 April 2012

Moms Making Money Online With Google Adsense

I have just read Another Google adsense success case study of Jen McCormack an Australia Mom of three who owns horoscope website, newagestore.com. She offers tarots and horoscope for free on her site.

Moms Making Money Online With Google Adsense

In 2005, McCormack’s then husband suggested putting advertisements on NewAgeStore.com. After hearing about the success others had had with renting space on their websites, she decided to sign up for Google’s Adsense.

Mommy Blogger Making $100,000+ a Year

‘‘Back in 2005 I was paying $75 a month to host my site here in Australia. Day 1 of AdSense being up on the site made me $3, If I could make $3 a day – that would cover my hosting, I was so excited,’’ she says. ‘‘With AdSense running on my site in 2005 I made over $7,000. The following year I made $70,000! Last year I made over $135,000.’’ WOOH that is awesome.

I checked the site and I have to say it is impressive. It is not a blog that needs to be updated daily but a site with old established content. In fact Jen doesn't need to add new and fresh content. The website is a perfect example of online passive income.

Monetizing The Site

The primary source is Adsense. Advertising currently accounts for 90 per cent of NewAgeStore’s revenue.

McCormack says the keys to her success have been that she genuinely loves the products she provides.

‘‘I believe you in fact need to become your site’s number 1 fan. It changes the way you look at your site, changes the way you use it and most importantly changes the content – you create with passion.’’

NewAgeStore.com is now incredibly self-sufficient says McCormack which has allowed her to focus on her children and outside passions.

‘‘As a single mother – I now have the best of both worlds. I drive my son to the bus and then take my daughter to school, most of my week is spent with the kids’’ she says.

‘‘I am of course incredibly grateful – and this didn't happen overnight, in some ways the years building the site up still have me owed another 20 years of long service leave!’’

Source: small business news Australia.

1 comment:

  1. If you are looking for a solid contextual ad network, I recommend that you have a look at Chitika.

    ReplyDelete