Friday 8 June 2012

How I Use Youtube Videos To Drive More Traffic To My Websites

The reason why I focus on creating Youtube videos is because Youtube behaves like a search engine. When people want to get information on a certain topic they go to Google to find and read about it. But for some people reading is not enough, they want to watch and listen to someone explain things. This type of people use Youtube to digest information. If you are not targeting this type of web users you are losing on free traffic. 

To target this Youtube users, I upload short videos on Youtube. The videos content is on short tutorials that can be explained in under 4 minutes. The big challenge on Youtube is how to get the viewer to visit your website.

These are the things I do to get viewers of my Youtube Videos To visit My sites and blogs.

1. Have a link at the description. After uploading the videos I make sure I add a detailed relevant description. My intro is "This video is produced and provided by Kicker Hosting, for more free videos visit www.kickerhosting.com"

2. Introduce your website quickly at the beginning of the video (just quickly in a branded intro) so that users know who made the video and have your brand in their head. If you videos is eye catching they will know where to find you.

3. Wear Branded T-shirts. I don't show my face on my videos but if you are comfortable appearing on your youtube videos, wear a T-shirt with your website URL on the front. 

5. Keep the Youtube Videos Short - The truth is online audiences have a short attention spun. Few people are persistence and patient enough to watch and listen to a 1 hour video presentation. A long video will bore them and make them switch to another Youtube video.

4. Call To Action At The end. Am never shy at the end. I ask the viewer to visit my site. e.g. To find out more on this topic visit: www.mysitehere.com.

5.Showcase Other Free Videos. Weave mentions of your other free tutorials into the script of the video (make sure it is relevant and appropriate).

To Your success!


No comments:

Post a Comment