Friday 22 June 2012

Tactics I Use To Get Repeat Visitors To My Blog Site

One of the hardest thing in blogging is to get repeat visitors. The visitors who visit your site for the first time and they keep returning for more.

I use the following tactics to get repeat visitors to my blog sites.

1. Staying Relevant

Many people make mistake of promoting so many affiliate products at the expense of writing useful articles. I try to always stay relevant with topics that are useful and informative. 

2. Being Specific

General and broad subjects are hard to cover for most blogs.  If a site is about playing better golf, i don't chime in with my opinions on NBA.

Narrowing your topic helps you reach specific readers that are 100% focused on that particular topic.  These people will come back every day to see what you have to offer.

3. Plan for Months Not Days

I have a blog editorial calendar that stretches 2 months in advance.

Planning months in advance allows you to be smart about topic selection.  You’ll be able to see natural ways to group your blog posts and create a steady, consistent rhythm.  This planning results in steady repeat traffic.

4. Hang Out with Your readers on Facebook and Twitter

Don't use Facebook and other social media as just outlets to churn out your content. I make sure I show up and actively participate on those platforms.

5. Connect with Regular Readers

I make an effort to know my regular readers. If they live comments on my blog, I reach out to them via email or a comment in their blogs.  The first contact is just to say a big thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. This personal connection helps cement authentic relationships and create opportunities for partnering and sharing resources.

6. Publish Consistently

It’s difficult to build a repeat readership with a sporadic publishing schedule.  Pick a publishing frequency and schedule and stick with it.  Your consistency says that you care about your reader’s time and you take your blog seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment